That’s the common reaction I get when I tell people that we are going to the Special Convention in Albania. “ Where is Albania?” I tell them next door to Macedonia and Greece…Then the next common response is “Oooooohhhhh!!
History lesson: The Albanians call their country “The Land of the Eagle”. This country faces the Adriatic Sea which lies on the Balkan Peninsula. It is snuggled between Greece and the former Yugoslavia. Albania is known for its natural beauty…from its jagged mountains to its white sandy beaches…I can’t wait!!Although Albania is the official language, there are different dialects. Gheg (in the northern part of Albania) and Tosk (in the southern part of Albania). There’s also a small community of people that speak Romany.
Albanians are very expressive people. So we can speak with them with our hands and feet without even knowing the language. As a matter of fact, I can say ‘yes’ and ‘no’without saying a word. The only problem is the way they express yes and no is TOTALLY THE OPPOSITE of us. My neck is hurting already. I’m pretty sure I’ll be looking like a bobble-head expressing the yes for no and no for yes…this is getting stressful already. 😂
Sounds like Albania has some pretty impressive eagles and birds of prey. I guess that’s why they are called the “land of the eagle”. The golden eagle reigns as the largest and most majestic bird of prey. It has impressive hunting skills and can dive at the speed of 150 to 200 mph…WOW!!! The golden eagle eats rabbits and squirrels.. Boy those guys would love my yard. Maybe I should pack a few squirrels and rabbits in my suitcase and see what happens…I know…gross…ok, change of plans.
Albania is also home to Short-toed Eagles, Lesser Spotted Eagles, Booted Eagles, and White-tailed Eagles, along with an assortment of hawks, falcons, vultures and owls. They have Pelicans, Brown Bears, Lynx and Grey Wolf…oh my!! Although we have some of the same animals, but it’s always cool to see Jehovah’s creation in the wild.
Well that’s your history lesson for now. Still, there is so much to share. I haven’t even shared our activities once we arrive in Albania. We have so much to see and do before the convention even starts…7 hour time difference, busy all day from Monday to Thursday and then the convention starts…I’m excitedly tired just thinking about the fun stuff we are about to partake of….or better quoted as “finna do”!!
STAY TUNED MY LOVELY FOLLOWERS
Ms Paula
I'm so excited for you!!!
ReplyDelete